Buying a Second Home in Flagstaff
Second homes in Flagstaff are a very popular choice for many buyers. Flagstaff offers a get-away for second home buyers from many cities in the southwestern U.S. Many buyers want a mountain oasis to experience the cold, snowy winters and easy access to winter sports such as snow skiing and snowshoeing. Other buyers like to escape the summer heat of cities such as Phoenix, Tucson or Las Vegas. Summer is a popular season in Flagstaff as well as summer sports such as hiking, biking, and kayaking.
Second homes in Flagstaff are also a wise investment because this dynamic city offers so much. Second homes can be rented out for vacation visitors in all seasons or to students attending Northern Arizona University. A second home in Flagstaff doesn't just have to sit empty when life gets too busy to make frequent trips to Flagstaff.
There is a wide variety of communities perfect for second homes in Flagstaff. Depending on how much time a second-home buyer plans to spend in Flagstaff might depend on the type of residence that would fit their part-time Flagstaff lifestyle. Some things to think about are:
- How close you want to be to summer/winter activities (ie: biking/hiking trails, snow-play areas, etc.)
- Whether you want yard maintenance or not
- Would you like to be close to the business areas in Flagstaff for easy access to shopping and dining
- Single-Family - $0 to $200,000
- Single-Family - $200,001 to $300,000
- Single-Family - $300,001 to $400,000
- Single-Family - $400,001 to $500,000
- Single-Family - $500,001 and above
- Townhomes and Condos (for price breakdowns, go to Townhomes and Condos)
- Manufactured Homes
Popular Second-Home Communities (by activities and lifestyle)